Q: I go to into an accident yesterday but I only hit my bumper. After the incident I started hearing a heavy noise and vibration.

I got into an accident yesterday but I only hit my bumper. After the incident I started hearing a heavy noise in the engine and the vehicle vibrates anytime I drive slowly or am at a stop.

There are a number of things that may have been damaged relating to the accident that may be causing the vibration such as steering components, suspension components and motor mounts. It sounds like you may possibly have a broken motor mount. As you may know, motor mounts are steel mounted brackets that secure the motor and transmission to the chassis of the vehicle. They have rubber internals in them to help isolate engine vibration from being transmitted to the vehicle’s frame. When these fail, you may notice the vehicle vibrating more than usual which can result in additional damage to other components if not addressed. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your vehicle.

3. I go to into an accident yesterday but I only hit my bumper. After the incident I started hearing a heavy noise and vibration.