Q: Hiccup while accelerating

asked by on February 08, 2017

Just today I noticed an acceleration hiccup. Every forum says something different. So whenever I accelerate over 2000 rpms, whether is 20 mph or 60, I notice a hiccup, or a jerk in the acceleration and it won't accelerate unless I do it gradually under 2000 rpms.. what could be the cause of this?

There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a bad fuel pump. This may also be caused by a faulty MAP sensor which relays variances in manifold pressure (indicating changes in engine load/acceleration) to the computer. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.