Q: My enclave will not go in reverse and the trans oil smells burnt. Do you think the flex plate is damaged?

asked by on December 19, 2016

do you think it is just the wave plate damage? my enclave will not go in reverse and the trans oil smells burnt. do I have to replace the whole transmission? the last transmission check was in march of this year. I m trying not to lose my job so I'm looking for a reliable tranny for my car which is impossible. the car stays at 40rpms when it broke down.

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If your transmission oil is black or burned and the transmission will not go into reverse, then the reverse input clutch is burned and slipping. There is nothing wrong with the flex plate as it would effect all of the gears in the transmission. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.