Q: Soft top button light stays on after battery replacement.

I changed the car battery, but now the soft top button light stays on. Was able to close it, but it won't work now.

A: Hello, Typically after performing a battery...

Hello, Typically after performing a battery change on your Mercedes Benz, you will need to re-sync the connection between the windows, the convertible top and the computer. This will allow it to know their exact positioning, and in turn allowing them to open and close properly. This is something you can easily tackle yourself with the following steps.

Begin in your Mercedes Benz drivers seat, shut the door and start the vehicle. Roll down the driver’s side window and when the window is completely down, hold the button for 5-10 seconds extra seconds before releasing it. Now push the up button and roll the window all the way up. Once it is up, continue to hold the button for 5-10 seconds extra. You can now attempt to open your convertible top. This method of syncing the drivers window will usually allow you to open the top. Continue to sync the top by performing the same process with the other windows. If at first the syncing does not work, repeat the steps once more. This procedure needs to be perfectly timed to work. If re-syncing the windows with the convertible top does not help with correcting the issue, then I would highly recommend getting a diagnostic from a certified mechanic.