Q: Cost of Maintenance after 5 years

Hello ,

I own a VW Touareg 2012,with (106000) miles for the past (5) years, no accidents so far. I would like to know how much maintains/spare parts would the car cost me for the next (5) years if I would reach up to (200000) miles? So I can decide to maintain it or get a new cheaper one ?

Thank you and have a nice day,

SMD

This is not an easy question to answer for you since unforeseen component failures can cost thousands of dollars. Some of these major repairs could be a transmission or engine replace or repairs. Between now (106000 miles) and 200000 miles the maintenance that will be needed will include at least 2 or 3 sets of tires, over 18 oil and filter changes, 3 coolant changes, 3 sets of brakes and various filters and belts to maintain the basic vehicle systems. The average cost to maintain this vehicle per year will about $2500 or more for basic maintenance, tires and brakes. Of course, this cost estimate is before major unforeseen component failures. A full inspection of your vehicle could help you determine if you may be need major repairs anytime soon. This will give you a general condition of your vehicle to help you decide to keep it or purchase a different one.