Q: Cost of Maintenance after 5 years

Hello ,

I own a VW Touareg 2012,with (106000) miles for the past (5) years, no accidents so far. I would like to know how much maintains/spare parts would the car cost me for the next (5) years if I would reach up to (200000) miles? So I can decide to maintain it or get a new cheaper one ?

Thank you and have a nice day,

SMD

A: This is not an easy question to answer for ...

This is not an easy question to answer for you since unforeseen component failures can cost thousands of dollars. Some of these major repairs could be a transmission or engine replace or repairs. Between now (106000 miles) and 200000 miles the maintenance that will be needed will include at least 2 or 3 sets of tires, over 18 oil and filter changes, 3 coolant changes, 3 sets of brakes and various filters and belts to maintain the basic vehicle systems. The average cost to maintain this vehicle per year will about $2500 or more for basic maintenance, tires and brakes. Of course, this cost estimate is before major unforeseen component failures. A full inspection of your vehicle could help you determine if you may be need major repairs anytime soon. This will give you a general condition of your vehicle to help you decide to keep it or purchase a different one.