Q: The cable for my hood release broke on the end that's connected under the hood.

asked by on February 12, 2017

I went on YouTube and watched a video. I've seen the spot where I'm supposed to pull by going through my grill, (previously, before the cable broke) and I understand how to do it. My issue is that there is a metal "housing" surrounding the area. I see my broken cable entering the "housing" but can't see past it to find where I need to pull. I can put my finger over the top and feel where it goes. But there is no way I will be able to put a tool in the area and have my finger there for guiding the tool into the hole. Is there a way to remove my grill or that part that's blocking my destination?

My car has 224649

Lubricate Hood Hinge $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are small bolts on the deck where the hood bumpers are located at. Remove those bolts and bolts that are on the inside of the grill and the front grill will come off. The hole grill and lights assembly will come off together. If you need further assistance with removing the hood latch, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.