Q: 2008 jeep patriot. Throttle body and traction control light are on and very low power

Like I said the throttle body light and traction control light are on. Vehicle has low power around 500 rpm when gas petal is floored. I changed the throttle body, a wire clip that goes to the throttle body. I also looked on forms which suggested checking the abs system and I found no problems. Lights still on still have low power. Any thoughts

Hi There, The throttle body light may come on when the throttle control motor is not working properly. The throttle control motor is what opens and closes the throttle blade inside the throttle body. This may also suggest you have a faulty throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal.

The traction control system monitors the steering and stability of the vehicle and engages when loss of traction has been detected. This is done by the use of electronic sensors at each of the four wheels that communicate with the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) regarding steering performance and stability in adverse weather conditions. The traction control system works by reducing engine speed and determining which wheel to apply brake pressure to in order to prevent the vehicle from sliding. The anti-lock braking system and the traction control system work together to maintain the stability of the vehicle. The computer uses this information received from electronic sensors regarding the rotational speed of each wheel, the horizontal motion of the vehicle, and the vertical motion of the vehicle to determine how to direct the traction control system or the anti-lock braking system to best control the vehicle when needed. When this warning indicator light comes on in the dashboard, this could be an indication of several issues such as faulty wheel speed sensors, a faulty steering angle sensor, a faulty rotational speed sensor or a problem with the steering rack. In some cases, the traction control system may simply need to be reprogrammed. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your traction control system.

3. 2008 jeep patriot. Throttle body and traction control light are on and very low power