Q: The transmission is slipping.

The revs remain above 3000 and the car struggles to accelerate. The slipping has increased over time. Cruise control also doesn't work properly because every time the car tries to accelerate to a certain speed, the engine cuts off the power and cancels cruise control. Not sure if clutch pads needs to be replaced or something else.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. It seems that th...

Hi, thanks for writing in. It seems that the clutch disc is most likely worn to the point that the pressure plate cannot fully engage and lock the clutch to the engine. If that is the case, you will need to have the slipping verified by a mechanic then have the clutch assembly replaced. The transmission has to be removed to do this job.