Q: Car making loud noise power steering stopped now car died while driving after being jumped twice

My car started making a super loud noise a few days ago. Then all of a sudden the noise stopped yesterday but then my power steering went completely out. Then this morning I noticed my radio wouldn't come on. Later in the day my car died but the windows and lights were still functioning. I got a jump and barely made it a mile before it cut off. I got another jump and didn't even make it down the street before it shut off again. What can it be? Is this going to be expensive to fix?

Although jump staring a car engine may get it running, if the battery is dead and/or the alternator is malfunctioning, the car engine could stall as you proceed down the road (if there is just not enough power to fulfill the electrical requirements of the engine). The other issues, for example the noise and the power steering failure, may be separate or "related"; it cannot be determined based on your description. Regardless, to begin the process of getting all of the issues that you are writing in about addressed, and to get your car back in proper order, what I would suggest is that you request a hard starting/stalling inspection. The responding certified mechanic will make the necessary repairs so your car starts without jumping and then remains running without stalling. Once that is accomplished, if a steering or noise issue remains, those issues can be resolved by the same mechanic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Car making loud noise power steering stopped now car died while driving after being jumped twice