Q: No fuel presure cranks no start, new pump and filter.

Car 2001 ford focus. Replaced fuel pump and filter. Hear pump. No fuel presure to engine. Cranks but not start.

A: Hello. I would recommend checking your fuel...

Hello. I would recommend checking your fuel filter. Fuel filters are designed to have a one way flow. If the fuel filter is installed backwards the fuel will not reach the engine. This will cause the fuel pump to run but the engine will not start. The fuel filter works like a check valve by only allowing the fluid to flow in one direction. This keeps harmful debris out of the fuel injectors. Once the fuel filter is reinstalled in the proper direction, the engine should start right up. If you would like to have this diagnosed, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the no-start and proceed with the proper repair.