Q: ABS and Brake lights are on and stay on even after a few seconds

Hi, I know it's considered unsafe to drive my car when both lights are on, but I'm planning to take my car to a repair shop that is only about 5 minutes away. However, my car's fuel is low so i need to drive to the gas station first and the station is also just 5 minutes away from my home.

Is it safe to take my car to the gas station to get gas first, then head over to the repair shop? The entire drive might take about 10-15 minutes.

Hello - you are thinking smart to be concerned about warning message on your vehicle, especially for brakes! In this case, your vehicle is warning you that there is a fault in the anti-skid brake system - most likely just a wheel speed sensor. You will have full braking capability to get to your local service center - but not anti-skid braking. If this were winter, with ice and snow, or during a rain storm, driving might not be prudent. On a dry road, using a bit of extra caution, driving to the gas station and to your service center is a reasonable action. As an alternative, I would recommend having a ABS Light is On Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.