Q: '08 Nav Needing Air Suspension Help

I've got a '08 Navigator with Air Ride that started having rear air spring issues during the first freeze that we had last month. Initially I was told that the air springs were bad. One was down the other up, but the system showed that all onboard systems in the Nav were functioning properly. So I replaced them the air springs. Upon resetting the system by disconnecting the negative battery cable and turning the air suspension on at the interior control module, the air compressor came on but nothing happened at the rear.

So we checked pressure in the lines coming from the compressor. And it was determined that the air spring solenoids were bad. Replaced them. Can hear air coming all the way back to the spring and lifting the car almost imperceptably, but not staying once compressor cuts off. I can't tell if the solenoids are activating or just closed.

Is there a way to test that? And what controls their opening?

It is possible that you could have a restriction in the line that goes from the compressor to the rear air spring. This resriction would prevent the air from reaching the air spring. I would recommend dis connecting the line at the compressor and at the air bag and shooting compressed air through the line to make sure it is not restricted. If something comes out of the line, you should be able to reconnect the lines and the air suspension system should work properly again.

3. '08 Nav Needing Air Suspension Help