Q: Can I add keyless entry to a car?

asked by on May 18, 2016

I am planning on buying this used Sentra. I noticed that it does not have keyless entry. The person selling the car said that it did not come with the car. Even my grandma's 1997 Ford has a keyless entry, so I found that odd. Is it possible that the seller just lost the remotes? If it really doesn't come with keyless entry, can get it installed?

Some economy late model vehicles, like the Sentra you are considering, are not equipped with keyless entry. I highly doubt the owner lost the remotes. It is possible to buy an aftermarket keyless entry system and have it installed.