Q: Steering vibration when at speed above 100km/hr

asked by on October 05, 2016

I discovered my steering vibrates when am driving above 100km/hr and it looks like the car is shaking.

I went to see a mechanic and he said to need to change stabilizer linkage, stabilizer bushing front rubber and lower arm bushing front.

Kindly assist with advice.

Stanley

Hi Stanley, thanks for writing in. My first suggestion was to slow down, but then I saw you were talking about kilometers per hour and not miles. The shaking issue could be caused by all of the components that the mechanic listed, individually. However, most of the time, the shaking will happen at lower speeds if the stabilizer links or bushings are damaged. Most of the time, bad wheel and tire balance is the source of shaking at speeds approaching 100 km/hr.