Q: Why won't my 2010 Honda Civic start

asked by on February 25, 2017

My wife tried to start her car this morning and it won't start. The battery is fine, starter seems to work fine. The car tries to turn over strong, but it won't catch and start. I checked fuses on several components and they're all fine. I consulted the owner's manual, and it suggested that the immobilizer feature might not be working, causing the fuel pump not to engage. I isolated the key as suggested, and the immobilizer system recognized the key fine, so I don't think that's the cause. I can hear the fuel pump engage when the key is in the ON II position, but again, the engine won't start. After further research, I suspect the fuel pump is bad, but I wonder if it could possibly be the fuel filter instead or as well. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hello. If your Civic will not start all of a sudden then it can be caused by a number of things. Most of the time the issue is with the fuel pump or possibly a sensor issue. I usually install a scan tool to see if there are any codes and to see if all of the sensors are reading as they should. If the sensors are fine then the fuel pressure needs to be checked. I would then check the engine compression if the fuel pressure is fine just to see if there is an internal engine failure. Usually this will assist in finding the issue. If you are planning on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the car will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection