Q: OBD sensor not reading scanner

My OBD sensor is not reading the scanner for an emissions test. I can't find the source of the problem.

A: This sounds like there is no power to the d...

This sounds like there is no power to the data bus network. This means that the OBD2 plug on your vehicle is not being powered by the battery. I would enlist the help of a qualified technician to find a wiring diagram for your OBD2 plug to trace wires and find where the loss of power is. This is an important repair to have done as the OBD2 system is a vital part of vehicle diagnosis. For example, if any warning lights were to appear on your dash such as Check Engine, Airbag, or ABS, these codes would not be able to be retrieved making it nearly impossible to diagnose. Having a mechanic inspect the electrical issue will allow them to move forward to a repair of your OBD system.