Q: water in fuel?

One day i was leaving for work and turned my car on just fine went to go put it in reverse and it started sputtering. I put it and drive and it still did it. a week later i went out again to move it and it didnt do it at all (before it was below 20 degrees and second time was in the 50s) i am thinking i have water in my fuel but im not 100% sure how could i address this situation

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Considering the issue only happened once, it may have been a fluke. With temperatures that cold, the engine struggles to regulate fuel and spark until it warms up. When it is that cold, the engine needs more fuel to get the same sized combustion, and it may have been dumping an improper amount of fuel. Then when the system was restarted when warm, the sensors all worked correctly, and the engine had no issue. The best thing to do is to make sure the vehicle is properly maintained, and see if it struggles again. By properly maintained we mean having fresh oil (old oil stresses the engine in cold weather), a clean fuel filter, fresh spark plugs, and proper coolant levels. All of these components affect the running of the vehicle when cold. If you think you have bad gas, you need to siphon the bad gas out, or drop the tank and drain it manually. For more help if the symptoms continue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. water in fuel?