Q: The Adaptive stability control went out on my car I took it to a local mechanic he said he thinks the throttle is going bad he unh

The Adaptive stability control went out on my car I took it to the local mechanic he unhooked the wires reset the codes and fixed it while I drove it for 2 weeks and it messes up again he said it may be the throttle but I don't know I talked to someone at a Mitsubishi dealership and they said it could be the computers or sensors if so what is a quote or the price range to fix something when it comes to sensors computers and throttle

A: Unfortunately, the cause of your concern ca...

Unfortunately, the cause of your concern cannot be determined without visual inspection and further testing. While it is possible that your throttle position sensor may be faulty, it is more than likely that it could be a wheel speed sensor that is sending an erratic signal to the stability control computer. If you need to have this verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic will have the tools and skills necessary to properly diagnose the cause of the Adaptive Stability Control problem and perform appropriate repairs.