Q: saw some radiator fluid leak, some clear water. overheated. Water pump? thermostat? Radiator full

asked by on May 04, 2017

I saw radiator fluid on ground, had it checked. No loose hoses, radiator full. Saw water on ground the next day. (Car often appears to drip AC condensation on ground...for years.) Car over-heated. My guesses... Waterpump? Thermostat? What are the other possibilities?

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Air conditioning systems do condensate and drip water. This is totally normal, and likely unrelated to the cooling system problems. If the coolant is full, and it was not the source of the leak, then the coolant is not being circulated, or it is not being cooled by the radiator fast enough. With the water pump and the thermostat being two of the top components to inspect, you will want to also consider the cooling fans and the radiator need be. Clogs can cause a lack of circulation, but so can bad pressure regulation. Leaks in the system or a bad radiator cap can cause pressure differences. Only further testing will tell. For more help with testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.