Q: What does the oil life feature do?

What does the oil life feature do?

A: Your car’s message center lets you access a...

Your car’s message center lets you access a lot of information about the various systems on your car and their condition or status, including the remaining oil life. Press the Reset button to cycle through your options until you see “oil life.” It should also give you a readout as a percentage (50%, 40%, etc.). This is the remaining life left in your engine oil. As it drops closer to 0, you’ll need to have the oil changed. You’ll also need to reset the oil life when that happens. Here’s how to do that:

1. Press the Setup button (after you’ve selected oil life from the main menu).
  2. The system should display “Oil Life XXX% Hold Reset = New.”
  3. Hold the Reset button down for a couple of seconds.
  4. Let go of the button and the oil life should be reset to 100%.

Tip

Make sure your oil life is reset immediately after each oil change. If not, your oil life percentage and service reminders will not be accurate.