Q: I have a 2000 Dodge Durango my ac compressor went out. Now there is light white smoke coming out the tailpipe. Is it due to the ac

asked by on February 20, 2018

My car was running with ac on then a load pop came from under the hood an antifreeze started leaking everywhere. I turned the car off and checked it but it was coming from ac compressors. Will that cause the car to smoke. Or when I pulled my brothers car it start smoking as well what did I do wrong or did I blow a head gasket

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the refrigerant in the A/C system leaks, that refrigerant can’t get into the exhaust system. White smoke in the exhaust is typically due to engine coolant leaking into the combustion chambers and such a leak could be due to a crack in the block or cylinder heads and, of course, a leaking head gasket(s). To have the origin of the coolant leak pinpointed, the recommended service is a coolant leak diagnostic. YourMechanic professionals do repair A/C systems but in your circumstance obviously the first priority is to ensure that the coolant leak is resolved as you need a normally functioning engine to even operate the car, let alone run the A/C system. If you request the coolant leak diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.