Q: I put a new battery in my truck and now nothing on the dash works

So last week I put a new battery in my truck because I was having issues with the battery before, now nothing on the dash (electrical components) don't work. And when I turn off the key and pull the key out it won't shut off (I have to use the runaway valve). Also when I pull the ground wire off the battery the truck shuts off? Any ideas?

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s quite possible that the battery terminals may have been installed backwards on accident, which would cause the electrical problems you are experiencing. It’s also possible that while attaching cables, electrical relays have been damaged as well. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical problems inspection, to help correctly diagnose this problem.

3. I put a new battery in my truck and now nothing on the dash works