Q: Sometimes when I get to an intersection my car will die unless I keep my foot on the gas a little. Also, when I try to go up hills it will try to stop.

My dad changed the spark wires, spark plugs but not fuel filter yet and we thought we had it fixed but it's still wanting to shut down when u stop at a light or intersection and when u try to give it gas going up a hill it will try to stop and sometimes it does.

Idle Control Valve Replacement $146.15 - $920.51 Get a Quote
Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $171.84 - $740.29 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the air idle control valve (IAC) and see if its plugged in or if the vacuum line is cracked. If the IAC is working, check for any additional vacuum leaks that the engine could have. If there is no vacuum leaks, then check the mass air flow sensor (MAF) and see if its dirty or unplugged. All of these items can cause the engine to stall out in the intersections and on any hill climb. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.