Q: Fuel pressure low - 1991 Plymouth Voyager

we have a 1991 plymouth voyager with a 2.5 engine, it will not start , we checked the fuel pressure and it is 40 and it should be 43 , is it the fuel pump? before it would run rough, not idle very good, it would lose power, shut it off, and it would restart and run for a while and need to shut off again and restart. now it will not start at all

Hi there. If the fuel pump pressure is lower than it should be, it may impact the vehicle’s ability to start and run efficiently. However, 3 lbs. shouldn’t be the only item that may be faulty on your Voyager. You may want to check out the mass air flow sensor, or have the fuel injectors and throttle body cleaned. You might also have an electrical issue that’s causing the lower fuel pressure, or excessive debris trapped in the fuel tank, which might be causing your engine issues. If you are continuing to have trouble, please contact one of our local professional mechanics to complete an inspection of the hard start.

3. Fuel pressure low - 1991 Plymouth Voyager