Q: Compass stuck on N with CAL (solid) indication

I purchased this vehicle recently as a third car for the kids. The compass displayed in the EVIC is stuck on N with a CAL indication. I attempted to manually calibrate it following the directions in the manual, however it will not go into calibration mode.

Steps 1. Press and hold C/T button for 5 seconds - enters variance mode 2. Continue holding C/T button for an additional 5 seconds enters calibration mode (CAL indicator Flashing)

Rather than enter calibration mode, the display just returns to N with the steady CAL indicator - nothing happens.

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a fuse dedicated to the compass and all that I have checked are OK.

How can I further troubleshoot this problem? What could be wrong?

Once you get to a clear parking lot that you can make some tight circles without a problem put the compass in CAL mode and then go slow in tight circles for three to fut times or until the CAL goes away and the compass starts working. You should set the variance to 8 for most of the United States. If you have an owners manual it will have the variance for your location to put in.