Q: Steering wheel locked key won't turn

asked by on February 06, 2017

Steering wheel is locked and key won't turn, was able to to unlock and turn ignition once but it locked up again, need to know what part is causing the problem and what part needs to be replaced to solve the issue. Thank You

Steering wheel does not turn car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It’s quite possible that the ignition lock cylinder is damaged. However, it could be an internal issue with the steering column that is causing the steering wheel to lock. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a steering wheel locked inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of the problem and ensure the right repairs are made.