Q: I want to replace the cluster panel. Now does the mileage be stored in cluster panel or in computer. I am getting a used panel.

I was trying to replace cluster panel and want to know we're mileage is stored at because I getting a used panel but the used panel said 81000 and mine is at 146000 so what would it read

Hi there. Remove the dash panel cover and take out the gauge cluster. Check to see if the odometer is electronic and see if there is a little cover. If there is a cover to the case, then remove the screws on the cover and put a small bit into the register and spin it bit with a drill. This will allow you to turn the register until you have your old miles. If there is no cover, then the computer keeps the clock. You could get an advanced code reader and alter the register on the computer. If you need further assistance with changing the odometer register, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I want to replace the cluster panel. Now does the mileage be stored in cluster panel or in computer. I am getting a used panel.