Q: DVD system has no sound through speakers or wireless headphones when playing.

Wiring went bad on overhead DVD system where the wires go into screen hinge after years of opening and closing. Bought a used replacement off ebay, the player works fine, but there is no sound through speakers or wireless headphones. Does something need to be synced through the factory radio with the new DVD player?

Typically if the unit is functioning and the wiring harness is solid, the sound should come from the speakers without any customization or reloading any software. If you didn’t replace the original wiring harness, this is likely the source of your problem. It’s also possible that if the replacement was completed without removing the battery cables, that you’ve blown a fuse. Check the fuses, replace if needed and verify that the wiring harness is new and that should resolve your problem.

3. DVD system has no sound through speakers or wireless headphones when playing.