Q: Car does not move in forward gear, previously had a burning smell in car

2005 Dogde Caravan SXT FWD Transmission A-604 / 41TE 4 speed. Problem: transmission goes in reverse in netrual reverse, and park but no forward drive. You can feel a little forward resistance when you rev up the engine. I am looking for a mechanic who has experience with these transmissions, as I have a problem. As a Heavy duty mechanic with 35 years I have a some idea as to how things work inside. I don’t think it is something bad inside the transmission. Here is what happened and what I have done ( tryed so far ) My dodge caravan was parked facing down a steep hill. I let my daughter use the car. She started the car and put the van in reverse to back up the hill and giving gas she claims she smell a burning marshmallow smell so she stopped the van, and shut off the key. Came and go me about 1 mins time. I went and checked the van and did not smell anything to badly like an faint electrical smell. I started the van fine and let run in park for a min or so. No problem.