Q: P0551 Code Power Steering Switch.

Was driving made a right turn and car turned off engine . Would Power Steering Switch prevent the car from starting back up ?

My car has 80,000 miles.

Hi there:

Typically the power steering switch won’t cause the ignition system to activate unless there were multiple electrical shorts in the steering column that could disrupt the flow of power from the ignition switch to the coil. It’s possible that the error code and your engine starting issues are not related, but I would recommend a professional mechanic to complete a check engine light is on inspection to verify this and determine what is causing the PT Cruiser to fail and start.

3. P0551 Code Power Steering Switch.