Q: C121C torque request signal denied and P0334 Cam shaft sensor

Problem occurs when rpm is at about 5000 and up when gear drops(while accelerating heavy) then traction light comes on as well as the check engine light. After that ABS turns on automatically past 80kph and 130kph the car won't go past 130kph due to abs, on top the gear seems to be stuck on 4th or 5th. Took it to a dodge mechanic and there insisting to change the cam shaft it's self (costing $1300 total). I'm wondering weather its the transmission or the camshaft(side note: engine was taking a while to start when engine was cold would turn over a few times then start with ticking noise , then problem progrest and ticking noise got louder conning from the cam shaft, tried replacing the sensor twice one was aftermarket the other oem but problem didn't go away.

A: The cam sensor code (actually P0344), is kn...

The cam sensor code (actually P0344), is known problem, and there is a Technical Service Bulletin (232460) that addresses this fault and repair. Check with your Dodge dealer to understand what the TSB covers or not.

The C121C code has either the ABS controller module, or the powertrain controller module as failure sources. There is a specific Dodge diagnostic process requiring a code reader capable of reading powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). I would recommend checking with your Dodge service center on both issues.

If you'd like a second opinion on this, have one of our mobile technicians come to your to diagnose the Check Engine Light firsthand.