Q: How do you create a MyKey with optional restrictions?

How do you create a MyKey with optional restrictions?

Your car has the ability to use both normal (unrestricted) keys and restricted keys called MyKeys®. MyKeys® are designed to help eliminate distractions and make driving safer for those just learning (teen drivers and others). You can program a MyKey® with both standard and optional restrictions. Here’s how to add optional restrictions to your MyKey®:

1. Use an admin key.

2. Turn the ignition to on.

3. In the message center, press the Setup button.

4. Cycle through the options until you see “Reset for MyKey Settings” displayed.

5. Press the Reset button and you’ll enter the setup menu.

6. Cycle through the various optional settings and use the Reset button to toggle between on and off for each setting. Press the Setup button to move from one optional restriction to the next.

Tip

Setting restrictions imposes them on all MyKeys® programmed in the car.