Q: engine requires 2 quarts of oil mthly, no drip under the car, or smoke from tail pipe, wats the prlbm

engine requires 2 quarts of oil mthly, no drip under the car, or smoke from tail pipe, wers it going?

and how 2 fix.

Some car models do have excessive (by any standard) oil consumption. See this link for a good overview of the problem. Check your car’s rate of oil consumption based on elapsed miles traveled (elapsed time will not give you an indication of oil consumption). Basically, if you can drive 2,000 miles or more without adding a quart you are in good shape. Between 1,000 and 2,000 miles is marginal and if you can travel 1,000 miles or less the engine is worn or has a serious design flaw. Most cars will travel 3,000 miles or more easily without any need to add oil. If you are using one quart or more every 1,000 miles, you can request service and the responding certified mechanic will go over your repair options with you. If you have any further questions at all regarding this service, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. engine requires 2 quarts of oil mthly, no drip under the car, or smoke from tail pipe, wats the prlbm