Q: How many ignition coils do I need for a 2006 Lincoln zephyr?

asked by on December 08, 2016

My Lincoln has no acceleration and I'm told I need to replace the ignition coils. I would like to know how many I need (I was told by dealer I need 8 (car is 6 cylinder) and a friend said I only need 3 as each coil operates 2 ? Also will I need to replace the PCM? Thanks for any information you can give.

John Patten.

Your vehicle has a 3.0 liter engine and has a coil per cylinder. You have a 6 cylinder engine and have 6 coils. You do not need to replace the engine computer.