Q: 2001 Honda Accord Ex Transmission

asked by on August 28, 2017

I drive a 2001 Honda Accord Ex and everytime I'm driving from 2nd to 1st gear my car jerks when coming to a complete stop 100%. All other gears change fine and smooth.

My car has an automatic transmission. Any help?

What you are describing is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.