Q: My car shows the Check Engine Light and DPF lights and coil light on the dashboard. What action should I take?

My car showed check engine two months ago but the vehicle was showing no problem with acceleration. It is only last week another lights came on,dpf and coil management lights.dpf lights came on after thieves broke the dpf and removed the innards. I have checked for proffessinal mechanic but I haven't found any.In the first place they don't know where the Egr is as when we checked with obdii 11 it showed what triggered check engine was Egr mulfunction. Advise on way forward.Thanks.

Hi. The EGR valve needs to be replaced and the passages to the EGR need to be cleaned. The EGR location is very tricky to get to so you may need a professional technician (such as one from YourMechanic) who can complete this repair. The diesel particulate filter (DPF) filter should also be replaced and the housing for the filter should be inspected for damage due to the people stealing your filter.

3. My car shows the Check Engine Light and DPF lights and coil light on the dashboard. What action should I take?