Q: On a 2001 Chevy Cavalier 2.4 L DOHC do you have tocompletely remove the timing chain cover to remove valve cover?

Do you have to remove timing chain cover in order to remove valve cover on 2.4L DOHC?

The cover (or "housing") is not removed. You merely disconnect the timing chain housing at the camshaft housing, but do not remove it from the vehicle. There are specific torque values required on all the fasteners so be sure to use a calibrated inch pound torque wrench, otherwise the new gasket could leak due to uneven tightening. Valve cover and valve cover gasket replacement are mobile services routinely performed by certified mechanics dispatched by YourMechanic. If you desire that service, please visit YourMechanic’s valve cover service page. Once on that page, please click on "Get a Quote" and enter your vehicle information (year, make, model). If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. On a 2001 Chevy Cavalier 2.4 L DOHC do you have tocompletely remove the timing chain cover to remove valve cover?