Car not changing gears transmissions escort l4-2.0l 1998 ...

Q: Car not changing gears

asked by on February 04, 2016

My car won't change gears.

I’m going to assume you have a manual transmission. The transmission in your Ford is a G15M-R fully synchronized 5-speed. Your problem could be with the clutch or clutch hydraulics. If a transmission is hard to shift into gear, or won’t shift at all, the problem is usually with the clutch. However, the problem could also be something in the transmission itself, such as the gear teeth or synchronizers. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your vehicle’s gear shifting problem firsthand.