Q: My car started to make a howling noise. A service center said it needs a new driveshaft i.e. Propeller shaft. There is no vibration.

asked by on November 28, 2016

Can this be the problem when there is no vibration? And why would the driveshaft go bad on a newer car? Can I expect more problems stemming from a bad driveshaft? Thanks!

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $550.03 Get a Quote

Hi there. Your vehicle has CV shafts that drive the wheels. A howling noise is more of a wheel bearing grinding sound. Raise up the vehicle and rotate all 4 wheels and listen to there sounds. If a wheel is making a little grinding or a binding noise, then the wheel bearing is dried up and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with a howling noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.