Q: How do I program the HomeLink garage door opener for non-rolling code garage doors?

How do I program the HomeLink garage door opener for non-rolling code garage doors?

A: Garage doors that were made before 1996 are...

Garage doors that were made before 1996 are referred to as non-rolling code. Here is how you program them with your HomeLink garage door system.

1. Insert your key into the ignition, and turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN.

2. Locate the HomeLink garage door keys, which are in the overhead console.

3. Hold your garage door remote within a few inches of the button you wish to program.

4. Press and hold the garage door remote, and simultaneously press and hold the HomeLink garage door button that you wish to program. During this time the electronic vehicle information center (EVIC) will display the words “CHANNEL # TRAINING.”

5. When the EVIC displays the words “CHANNEL # TRAINED,” you can release the two buttons.

6. Press the HomeLink garage door opener button that you just programmed, and hold it. The EVIC should display the words “CHANNEL # TRANSMIT,” and then the garage door should begin to open or close.