Q: Battery light came on went and bought a new battery battery light comes on about 1 minute after starting car.

asked by on April 03, 2017

Battery light came on went and bought a new battery. Light still comes on after one minute of starting... Had autozone do a battery and altenator check everything is fine they said...... light still comes on after 1 minute of starting car... Does the alternator 'fully" charge battery every time

The alternator on this vehicle is computer controlled and if the alternator is not communicating to the computer then it may default to a set charging rate that will show up as good when testing using standard methods. The computer and charging system needs to be tested using a scanner that is compatible that can check and test charging rates. You most likely do have a bad alternator on the car.