Q: Sugar in the gas tank

asked by on August 18, 2017

Someone put sugar in my gas tank and I'm pretty sure in my will to and I need to know how to get it out of my car and clean my car out to get it fixed

Fuel Pump Replacement $129.49 - $1235.95 Get a Quote

The first thing that has to happen is the fuel tank has to come out of the car and be thoroughly cleaned. The fuel pump, which lives inside the tank will need to be replaced. Your car may have an external fuel filter which will of course need to be changed. Then the fuel lines can be flushed out with fresh fuel and the car started to and run to see if it will require anything else. Chances are there isn’t much other damage. If you drove the car until it quit, it probably ran until the fuel pump locked up and didn’t get much sugar past the filters. It will however still cost a lot of money to do the repairs. If you have comprehensive insurance on the car, you might be able to get some help from the insurance company because this may qualify as vandalism. You can contact Your Mechanic to have this thing checked out and get an idea what it is going to cost. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Nissan and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.