Q: All my gears work but drive and 3rd gear

Hi, When I was coming out of reverse and went to shift to drive it stopped working. All my gears work when I shift, but drive and I noticed 3rd gear doesn't work either. What could be the problem? My speedometer started going out first. When I shift into 2nd or 1st gear my truck drives normal.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely experiencing issues with the transmission. The first step to take is having the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes, and use them to help point you in the right direction. If you have an issue with a sensor or a solenoid, it will likely show in the form of a diagnostic code. Without any codes, you will want to make manually inspect the bottom of the transmission by removing the pan. Also check the fluid for signs of internal damage (dark fluid or metal shavings). You may then need to manually test the solenoid and sensors. For more help with diagnostics and resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. All my gears work but drive and 3rd gear