Q: Car won't start, but accessory lights are on.

asked by on August 15, 2016

The push-start will activate accessory lights, etc, but will not start the car. There are no "starting" sounds.

Brake Light Switch Replacement $90.34 - $168.55 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You may need to replace the brake switch and sub-harness as per technical service bulletin NTB10-139. The brake lights are needed to activate the start function. Check the brake lights when you turn on ignition and push on the brakes. This will verify whether you need this repair. If you would like this checked by a professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no start.