Q: Buying used cars from a rental company.

I've been thinking of buying a used car from the rental company, there's decent amount of disagreement on the Internet about it. How do you feel about them, I'm thinking to buy Toyota Corolla or Yaris?

A: OK, Toyota Corollas are great cars. Of cour...

OK, Toyota Corollas are great cars. Of course, there is one IF. If you are going to buy a rental car--think about when you were renting a car. When I am renting a car, I drive them pretty hard. Sometimes you’re in a hurry. Lot of the times, they have been through the ringer. Generally, you are better off buying an off-lease car--only one person owned it and they generally take better care. When you get a rental car, a lot of different people run it, and there’s no way saying what kind of wear and tear it got. I personally am more for getting a leased car than getting a rental car myself. I mean, my customers buy rental cars and get some decent life out of them, and Toyota Corolla lasts so long that, unless they are beaten hard, they can still go a long time, but I’m still more of a fan of a leased car or a private owned, than from a rental company.