Q: Buying used cars from a rental company.

asked by on April 10, 2016

I've been thinking of buying a used car from the rental company, there's decent amount of disagreement on the Internet about it. How do you feel about them, I'm thinking to buy Toyota Corolla or Yaris?

OK, Toyota Corollas are great cars. Of course, there is one IF. If you are going to buy a rental car--think about when you were renting a car. When I am renting a car, I drive them pretty hard. Sometimes you’re in a hurry. Lot of the times, they have been through the ringer. Generally, you are better off buying an off-lease car--only one person owned it and they generally take better care. When you get a rental car, a lot of different people run it, and there’s no way saying what kind of wear and tear it got. I personally am more for getting a leased car than getting a rental car myself. I mean, my customers buy rental cars and get some decent life out of them, and Toyota Corolla lasts so long that, unless they are beaten hard, they can still go a long time, but I’m still more of a fan of a leased car or a private owned, than from a rental company.