Q: Truck running rough. Shaking while idling and seems to shake more when accelerating.

Was shaking then had check engine code that 1 and 3 were misfiring as well as running rich. I replaced all coil packs. Had Ford replace plugs 20k miles ago. They never changed coils. Then cleaned Air Flow sensor and changed air filter. That didn't solve shaking issue. Code went away and a new one popped up for oxygen sensor.

Should I replace sensor or could that the truck shaking while running?

Pat

A faulty oxygen sensor can certainly cause an engine to run rough and cause a bit of shaking due to the imbalance in the air/fuel load. As you may know the [oxygen sensors]((https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/oxygen-sensor-replacement) which are part of your emissions system read exhaust gases to determine whether or not the appropriate amount of oxygen is present in the exhaust. Based upon this reading, this information is relayed to the car’s ECU which then makes a determination as to whether or not to add more or less fuel to the engine. When too much or too little oxygen is present, this will cause check engine light to come on. Too much oxygen may be present in the exhaust gas due to things like an exhaust leak, a vacuum leak, a faulty mass air flow sensor (causing a lean fuel condition) or faulty fuel injectors. Too little oxygen may be present in the exhaust gas may be caused by things like a clogged air filter, a failing mass air flow sensor (causing too much fuel to be introduced to the motor), bad fuel injectors or a clogged catalytic converter. When the O2 sensor is not working properly, this will cause false readings to be relayed to the computer causing inaccurate adjustments to be made to the intake and fuel system in your engine. You may also notice a very strong smell of fuel and poor fuel mileage. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose your truck’s running condition.

3. Truck running rough. Shaking while idling and seems to shake more when accelerating.