Q: the last set were Toy. coils/ ? lean operation ?? what is that...the last coil failed days after it was driven.

Recurring failure of coils... although good spark plugs & Toy coils are used... The last coil failed just about 14 months after it was changed. I was TOLD to avoid allowing the car TO SIT ... so I have been driving it ..... it was "sitting" about 48 hrs when the coil failed...

It is very possible that the quality control of those particular parts may not be what it used to be. It just depends on how many times you’ve had to replace it. Sometimes Parts can last for years and other times that can last for only a few months. The parts you are purchasing should come with a warranty if they are purchased directly from the Toyota dealership or manufacturer. Therefore you should at least be able to avoid spending excess money each time they fail.

3. the last set were Toy. coils/ ? lean operation ?? what is that...the last coil failed days after it was driven.