Q: Overheating problems - 1985 Jeep CJ7

My car has been overheating lately. I went to a trip a couple of days ago, and the operating temperature was 175. The car was running well at the speed around 65 mph, when the cooling gauge started rising and reached the red zone. At that point, the car was in the fifth gear so I had to put it into fourth gear and continue driving slower so as to decrease the temperature to around 200, which was still okay to drive at. During the remained miles, the vehicle kept overheating. After the trip, I've done several repairs on the car. I had the water pump, radiator, thermostat and fan replaced. Also, I replaced the clutch and repaired the head. The gaskets are new as well. The engine has been reassembled. Now the car starts idling at 200 but stabilizes. When I start driving, the temperature would be around 175 and then begin to increase and reach the red zone. The car keeps overheating. How can I prevent this? Is there any parts that I should replace?

It sounds like you still have a blown head gasket or minute crack in the cylinder head or block, both of which can cause overheating. You mention that you "repaired the head," but don’t identify what was done. I would have a professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the overheating issue in person to isolate this cause.