Q: 99 nissan altima jerking and cuts off but no check engine light

asked by on November 06, 2017

My car jerks and cuts off when i slow down or stop. The check engine came on and a code for EGR VALVE and KNOCK SENSOR came on and ive had those two replaced. A day later it started right back jerking and cutting off. But now it is no check engine light at all on. Any idea of what it could be?

You may be having an issue with the EGR control solenoid sticking or not venting the EGR system and causing the problem. I would suggest to disconnect the solenoid and road test to see if problem goes away? If it does then you may need to replace solenoid. If this does not correct condition then you may be getting carbon stuck in the EGR valve and it cannot close causing valve to stick open. If the passages are clogged with carbon then you may need to decarbonize the passages.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr