Q: Clicking sound when turning over.

Whenever i try to start my car i hear a click and that's just that. My car doesn't start. After trying so so so many times, it does finally start. Once i get it started it runs fine. But when it's been not used for a long period of hours it acts up again. I just bought a new battery thinking it would solve the issue but it didnt. I think it may be the starter that need to be replaced...what do you think?

A: A starter like any other mechanical and ele...

A starter like any other mechanical and electrical part is subject to failing sometimes for no apparent reason. However, sometimes this is misdiagnosed as well and often times mistaken for something much more simple like a fuse, relay or starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

Recommended services
Get a Quote